1. Setting up the bot
After inviting the bot please verify that Melijn has the required permissions for you needs.
I would recommend having a dedicated role for the bot so you can manage each bot individually.
Permissions that melijn requires for certain features are as followed.
- View channels, Read Text & Send Messages (Make sure these permissions aren't overriden in channels)
- Message History (All commands that have to response with reactions)
- Manage Roles (not needed if you set the mute role yourself and don't use setRoleColor)
- Manage Channels (clearchannel)
- View Audit Log (logchannels, sending banned/kicked messages in the banned and kicked message channels)
- Ban Members (for banning / unbanning, viewing ban logs)
- Kick Members (kick command, auto-punishments)
- Manage Messages (purge command, verification channel, chat-filter, removing emojis on [pagination, reaction-roles and menus], removing invokes and responses)
- Attach Files (image manipulation commands)
- Embed Links (Please only disallow this if you know what you're doing. Embeds are a tool for bots to make messages look nicely)
- Use External Emojis (use of custom emojis in some commands to make things look nice) [if you disable this the emotes will look like this: <:name:49849849849849849>]
- Read Message History (purge command)
- Manage Nicknames (dehoisting [coming soon])
- Move Members (massmove, joining full voice-channels)
- Connect, Speak, Use Voice Activity (playing music)